This program provides the knowledge and experience required to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 40 meters, using nitrox mixtures up to 50%.
This entry-level program introduces you to the Extended Range training techniques and skills, and can be completed wearing a standard single-cylinder equipment configuration. You will earn the TDI Advance Nitrox Diving certification after completing this program.
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What you can expect to learn:
Advanced Nitrox picks up where TDI Nitrox leaves off and offers a more in-depth look at diving with nitrox including:
- Physics and physiology relating to diving with gas mixes containing more than 40% oxygen
- Gas planning, dive tables, dive computers, oxygen limitations, nitrogen limitations
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labelling, analysing nitrox mixtures, gas blending procedures, and oxygen service ratings for using gases with more than 40% oxygen