- DEPTH: Maximum depth on this dive is 20 m.
- DIFFICULTY: Easy dive
- VISIBILITY: From 25 to 40 m
- CURRENTS: There are frequent currents but working for you during the entire dive.
- SPECIAL PERMITS: No special permits needed Diving Center Pongo Leadership.
- TYPE OF DIVE: Drift dive full of life
- RECOMMENDATION: This is definitely the dive with biggest variety of all kinds of species. Great night dive.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVE
Eco dive is a shallow dive around the island Kalebinjak in front of village Rogoznica. Dive starts usually on west side of the island and goes counter clockwise around the island. East side of the island is the most interesting. There are big boulders (rocks) between which you can glide while slowly drifting in current. Under each rock, you will see something move. Different schools of small fish are everywhere. As you round the island, you will be back under the dive boat.
TIPS & TRICKS
This dive is a product of cooperation between Marine biology faculty and Diving Center Pongo. With this project we mead an underwater botanical garden to influence divers in learning more about ecology and diving species. Definitely the dive you should not miss. Just go slowly and don’t hit with your fins.
POSSIBLE TO SEE
Moray eels, squids, scorpion fish, congers, alicia mirabilis (do not touch), different small crabs, nude brands, different corals, colourful algae, schools of fish, on occasion jacks and snappers…