- DEPTH: 40 to 50 m.
- DIFFICULTY: Easy Tech dive – trimix or rebreather.
- VISIBILITY: 15 to 30 m.
- CURRENTS: Mild or no current.
- SPECIAL PERMITS: No special permits needed.
- TYPE OF DIVE: Tug boat wreck.
- RECOMMENDATION: Only for tech divers.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVE
Gladiator F 98 was a big tug boat of its time with over 40 m length and 18m width. It was tugging armed pontoon GM 216 (two guns 190/45mm , two 20/70mm machine guns, “ZIS” 76mm cannon on the bow section), on the way from Sibenik to Brindisi in Italy.
On a nice day in May 1941, between islands Tijat and Zlarin it hit a free floating mine wich sunk her in meter of minutes.. One sailor was killed and 6 to 7 were wounded.
The wreck is approximately 40 m long. It is located at the depth of 40-48 m and the interior is intact.
POSSIBLE TO SEE
Divers may see large groupers, snappers, scorpion fish, conger eel and lobster.