- DEPTH: Diving depth on this cliff is from 20 to 40 m but the cliff goes down to maximum 80 m.
- DIFFICULTY: Difficulty of this dive depends mostly on conditions and currents but is usually accessible for beginners as well for experienced divers.
- VISIBILITY: From 20 to 40 m. Sometimes lots of sediment due to the waves and currents.
- CURRENTS: Sometimes, especially during low season, currents are strong and can make a problems for beginners.
- SPECIAL PERMITS: No special permits needed.
- TYPE OF DIVE: Cliff dive.
- RECOMMENDATION: Lots of cracks and small caves fill different organisms.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVE
Dive starts directly under the dive boat on a north side of two big reefs. Bottom gradually falls down to 10 m when you come on the first step form 10 to 18 m. depth, little further off there is another step down to 27 m. If you stay on the depth around 30 m. you will come on the huge cliff full of big cracks and caves. Red gorgonia fans hide the entrances to the smaller holes where you can find Jon Dorys, moray eels, octopuses, spiny lobster and scorpion fish. On the depth of 36 m there is a board whit a name of one Hungarian diver which loved this cliff. As you decrees your depth you will come on a small 5 m cliff on a depth around 15 m. Entire cliff has a cut on the bottom where you can peek in side whit your lights. Current on this dive can be strong but only until 20 m depth. So on the beginning of the dive you go under the current and on the end of the dive current takes you almost without swimming back to the dive boat.
TIPS & TRICKS
This is the most famous peninsula, because its danger for ships during entire naval history, in Croatia. there is lots of copper peace’s still witnessing the tragedies which took place in the history. On the tip of peninsula seaman built a small chapel in memory of all who lost there lives.
POSSIBLE TO SEE
Nudibranchs, snappers, brown meage, scorpion fish, white seabreams, schools of small fish, octopuses and sometimes yellow tails come to check the divers out.