- DEPTH: 20 to 29 m.
- DIFFICULTY: Easy.
- VISIBILITY: 35 m.
- CURRENTS: No currents.
- SPECIAL PERMITS: Special permit needed.
- TYPE OF DIVE: Wreck.
- RECOMMENDATION: One of most famous 2WW wrecks – unique.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVE
We start a dive in to blue by marker boy rope. As soon as you are 10 m deep you can already see outlining of the wreck. This is one of most unique wreck dives you will ever do. Plane is in great shape and looks like it just landed there. The plain was one of three in squadron which attacked Sibenik. One was immediately shot down, one flew back to Italy and one was damaged and did emergency landing in Tratinska bay on island Zirje. On impact motor fell out and plane without motor slowly drifted south where it sank. After discovery of the wreck in 2014 motor was brought next to it.
TECHNICAL DATA FOR JU 87 R-2
- Building material: Duraluminium, all-metal construction method
- Covering: Smooth metal
- Crew: 2
- Engine: Jumo 211D, rated power of 950 hp at takeoff 1200 hp
- Wingspan: 13.8m
- Wing area: 39.9m²
- Length: 11.1m
- Height (on the ground): 4.01m
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1,185kg
- Maximum take-off weight: 4,390kg
- Top speed (in horizontal flying position): 383km/h
- Fall speed: 650km/h
- Service ceiling: 8,100m
- Highest range (no load): 1,252km
- Gun pods load: 500kg bomb or a bomb of 250kg plus two underwing tanks with 600 liters of fuel
- Small arms: Two fixed machine guns MG17 7.9mm in the wings and one movable MG15 7.9mm machine gun in the rear cockpit